Friday, September 5, 2008

A pursuit to perfection

So its been awhile since my last post. I do feel a bit embarrassed for my initial enthusiasm but hey I've swallowed the fact that life is a roller coaster that's why its fun. So the past few months have been extremely interesting for a fact that I've encountered so many stories from different walks of life.

So I was reading Malaysia Insider and have had a heated discussion with a dear friend which led to this writing. So, what is hot in the Malaysian news right now? Definitely the waiting game of the new birth of so called "Malaysia" on the 16th of September this year. Yes that's what's been anticipated by the silence many and I subject myself to that. A lot of events has taken place as a result of this call and one of it is Anwar Ibrahim stepping back in the parliament.

So in Malaysian Insider you will read about this arrogant Malay rambling about his Malay right and refuses to apologise. Some may question that statement I just made. He accuses the non-Malay, specifically the Chinese for questioning the Malay status. Well if he ever reads this, which one out a million chances which he will that the never did question of the Malay status, but merely voicing their concern about the injustices done by the large few that in the corridors of power to the ones who are suffering, be it Malay, or non-Malay. Now why do I express my concern about this matter maybe some may ask? Well this will relate to the next scenario which will lead to my final point.

I just had a heated discussion about politics with someone who shows supposedly no interest but had to voice his or her interest in none interest on the topic. Am I interested you may ask? Yes, but does that mean that I have the desire to be in politics or waste my time reading about politics? No. My interest is solely because of my own interest which is my strong facination in glorifying the purpose of the needy to possibly achieve greatness for the whole of mankind. Maybe that's far stretched so to be more realistic I'll settle for the greatness of Malaysia.

This person is sceptical that Malaysian politics scene could ever change the nature of our nation in heading towards something beneficiary to all. Well, I think that what he or she meant. My opinion is absolutely the opposite since we have all seen that Malaysia has change and by change I mean being able to practice the freedom to choose with the God given gift, WILL power. For so long we have been suppressed from using this gift through selected history and propaganda. Now finally with the power of internet, we have been given an option. The option is to oppose the evil. Amar Maaruf Nahi Mungkar. Now with this statement, I personally feel to have no opinion or interest over politics would possibly deny you your rights to express your view on matter and believes thus makes you life dull and sterile. I welcome someone to agree or disagree and maybe tell me a different option of statement as an example. So what is my view and purpose in life? Well for those who don't know, my view is that this world will never be perfect. We will have the disabled, the orphans and the poor, put simply the needy till the end of time and because of this will prevent this world from self destructing. I'll elaborate as efficiently as possible. The tsunami in Acheh not a punishment from God but a gift to the world, when everybody did not celebrate new year and felt humbled by the tragic event, and the person that handed Gods gift to you are the strong willed patient, devoted and all the good qualities put together people of Acheh. Lovely parents who are give the gift of a disabled child will make people understand that a helping hand is great gift for the mind and soul for understanding how fortunate you are. It was never a result of their or anyones sin. So there, that's my view in life imperfections which creates my pursuit to perfection. Now people may argue that alot of problem and imperfections from the beginning of time has been solved what makes this any different? it doesnt but like Murphys Law explains, new solution creates new problem. Aint life just facinating.

Now what is possibly my purpose or even greater my destiny? It is to glorify the purpose of the needy. Simple.

Here's a little story of my life. My mom has given me a gift by letting me embrace life's imperfection by sleeping in the same room with many orphan friends as a kid, study beside a poor kid in a village inside Kelate', and my cousin who lives with the down syndrome. So the needy is very dear to me despite the showers of "luxury" that I have been given by my parents. How does loving the needy have to do with politics? I'm sure all of you can do the math but I'm gonna paint the picture for you anyways. On the day when I will lead my pursuit in life, I cannot afford to be let down by a the fact that a person showing interest to the needy for selfish interest in wealth and recognition (so they can be called datuk and datin) and I could not afford to see wastage through corruption when there is definitely access wealth to assist my pursuit to happiness. I cannot afford to see that talented individuals who has no interest in accounting or architecture pursue this career path just because the were genius kids in school just because the government tells you so. My opinion is simple, civil does not in anyway mean accountants and architects but the whole package. Talented musician, poetic artist, caring nurses and care givers and intelligent religious teachers. We cannot afford to have those who are not interested in this subjects pursue it just because that's the only thing that is available since their interest in science and maths are deemed not suitable just because they got a C' for that subject in high school. A big NO NO because I hate waste. Don't waste that money. We've all got to pursue on things that makes us happy which is a dream for our parents as well. Deep inside they don't want us to be depressed. Now that is how we can measure civics. For Muslim, that is to me what ISLAM mean. Peace at heart.

Now, in the spirit of Ramadhan, let us all pray for peace at heart and if Amar Maaruf Nahi Mungkar doesnt let you got to sleep peacefully at night than we'll sit down with a coffee sometime after breakfast of course and discuss other options. There's maybe pills? Anyhu, this is my testimonial and I welcome in the future for others to drop Amar Maaruf Nahi Mungkar on me if i ever stray from my destiny. If you do that, I can assure you that both you and me will have an amzing journey just solving imperfections just to realise that new imperfection is born. Haha you gotta love life. Till then Peace and love to all. Long live justice be it PR or BN.

No comments: